South Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 PM NST 17 February 2020
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind northwest 15 knots increasing to northwest 25 late overnight then backing to west 15 to 20 Tuesday afternoon.
Risk of freezing spray overnight and Tuesday.
Temperatures minus 10 falling to minus 20 Tuesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 17 February 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4840N 5305W to 4805N 4930W
to 5420N 5050W to 5610N 5535W to 5800N 5730W then northward. Sea ice
west of the ice edge.
9 tenths grey ice including a trace of first-year ice except 9
tenths grey-white ice including 4 tenths first-year ice in the
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 17 February 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 17 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4830N 5308W to 4825N 4850W to 5100N 4800W to 5530N 5130W to 6000N
5700W to 6200N 5400W to 5800N 4530W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 17 Feb estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5150N 5615W to Newfoundland near 5133N 5600W.
Iceberg Count10 to 25 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NST 17 February 2020 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight intensifying trough located over the East
By 4:00 a.m. NST Tuesday low 995 mb located east of the Marine
At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight ridge located over Quebec.
By 4:00 p.m. NST Tuesday ridge located on a line north-south over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:23 PM NST 17 February 2020 A trough of low pressure over the East Labrador Sea will strengthen
into a low pressure system as it moves to lie east of the region
tonight. Strong to gale force west to northwesterlies are expected in
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
North Labrador Coast and the Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: