South Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 02 April 2020
Tonight and Friday.
Wind northeast 20 knots backing to north 15 to 20 late overnight then to northwest 25 Friday evening.
Flurries this evening.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 2 April 2020 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4740N 5240W to 4710N 5040W
to 4835N 4855W to 5500N 5300W to 5625N 5700W to 5800N 5800W then
northward. Sea ice north then west of the ice edge.
8 tenths first-year ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 4:15 PM EDT 2 April 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 3 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4655N 5556W to 4500N 5400W to 4440N 4715W to 4600N 4450W to 4900N
4405W to 5225N 4630W to 5330N 4800W to 5800N 5500W to 5930N 5400W
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 3 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5013N 6130W to Newfoundland near 4834N 5909W.
Iceberg Count51 to 100 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 2 April 2020 Tonight and Friday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight quasi-stationary trough located off
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located over the
North Labrador Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:25 PM NDT 2 April 2020 A trough of low pressure will stall off Greenland tonight and Friday.
Gale force northwesterlies over eastern waters will diminish to
strong overnight as the trough weakens.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
East Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Northwest Labrador Sea and East Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: