South Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 21 September 2023
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind northeast 25 knots backing to northwest 25 near noon then diminishing to northwest 15 to 20 Friday afternoon. Wind diminishing to light Friday evening.
Showers ending near noon Friday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 July 2023 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 20 September 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Sep estimated from Newfoundland near
4926N 5355W to 5230N 4930W to 5345N 4930W to 5915N 5700W to 5955N
5120W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Sep estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5132N 5647W to Newfoundland near 5124N 5628W.
Iceberg Count10 to 25 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 21 September 2023 Today Tonight and Friday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today ridge located over Quebec.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Friday ridge located over the North Labrador Coast.
At 9:30 a.m. NDT today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over eastern Newfoundland.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Friday departing trough located over Funk Island
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - northeastern half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: