South Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 30 March 2020
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots except north 25 over southern sections. Wind becoming north 25 late overnight then veering to northeast 30 Tuesday afternoon.
Snow Tuesday afternoon and evening changing to rain. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Risk of freezing spray today and tonight.
Temperatures minus 8 rising to zero Tuesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 30 March 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4805N 5250W to 4655N 4750W
to 4810N 4720W to 4945N 4955W to 5300N 5030W to 5530N 5310W to 5630N
5700W to 5800N 5800W then northward. Sea ice north then west of the
7 tenths grey ice including 2 tenths grey-white ice except 9 tenths
first-year ice in the eastern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 29 March 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4638N 5335W to 4505N 4700W to 4610N 4500W to 4800N 4415W to 4920N
4420W to 5330N 4800W to 5835N 5525W to 6100N 5300W to 5800N 4900W
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5015N 6041W to Newfoundland near 4844N 5836W.
Iceberg Count51 to 100 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 30 March 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over the Mid Labrador Coast.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Tuesday ridge located over northern Labrador.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:26 AM NDT 30 March 2020 Marine interests are advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for the Northwest Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks - eastern half
- Northern Grand Banks - western half
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: