South Labrador Coast
Issued 04:00 PM NDT 16 August 2018
Tonight and Friday.
Wind light increasing to south 15 knots late overnight then veering to southwest 20 near noon Friday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 4 August 2018
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 16 August 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 16 Aug estimated from Newfoundland near
4742N 5246W to 4530N 4700W to 4530N 4515W to 4700N 4515W to 5100N
4800W to 5530N 5200W to 5700N 5400W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 16 Aug estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5156N 5600W to Newfoundland near 5131N 5600W.
Iceberg Count10 to 25 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NDT 16 August 2018 Tonight and Friday At 4:00 p.m. NDT today ridge located on a line east-west over
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Friday ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Belle Isle Bank.
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight trough located over northern Quebec.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Friday trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over the Northwest Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: