South Labrador Coast
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 19 August 2019
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots diminishing to light this morning then increasing to east 15 this afternoon. Wind increasing to east 25 Tuesday morning then diminishing to northwest 15 Tuesday evening.
Showers and fog patches beginning this afternoon. Risk of thunderstorms tonight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 13 July 2019 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 18 August 2019
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 18 Aug estimated from Newfoundland near
5032N 5620W to 5015N 4820W to 5400N 4810W to 5700N 5430W to 6135N
6000W to 6330N 5700W to 5900N 4805W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 18 Aug estimated from Newfoundland
near 5027N 5726W to Quebec near 5109N 5838W.
Iceberg Count26 to 50 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 19 August 2019 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary trough located on a line
east-west over Belle Isle Bank.
At 4:00 a.m. NDT Tuesday approaching low 998 mb located over
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - northern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: