South Labrador Coast
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 24 August 2019
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind northwest 25 knots with gusts to 35 over southern sections this morning. Wind diminishing to west 15 to 20 near midnight then veering to northwest 10 to 15 Sunday afternoon.
Showers ending near noon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 13 July 2019 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 23 August 2019
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 Aug estimated from Newfoundland near
5025N 5630W to 5010N 5300W to 5430N 5210W to 5700N 5400W to 6140N
5940W to 6330N 5700W to 5900N 4805W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 Aug estimated from Quebec near
5109N 5838W to Newfoundland near 5027N 5726W.
Iceberg Count26 to 50 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 24 August 2019 Today Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today intensifying low 995 mb located east of
Belle Isle Bank.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight departing low 985 mb located south of
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located over Ontario.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Sunday ridge located over the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: