Issued 03:30 PM NST 22 February 2020
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind southwest 25 knots with gusts to 35 ending early Sunday morning. Wind veering to west 15 to 20 Sunday afternoon.
Flurries tonight and Sunday morning.
Temperatures near minus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 22 February 2020 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4830N 5300W to 4845N 4925W
to 5355N 5015W to 5655N 5805W to 5800N 5905W then northward. Sea ice
west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 22 February 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4738N 5242W to 4748N 4725W to 4900N 4645W to 5045N 4720W to 5400N
5000W to 6230N 5359W to 5744N 4500W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Feb estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5144N 5626W to Newfoundland near 5130N 5610W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM NST 22 February 2020 Tonight and Sunday At 3:30 p.m. NST today trough located over Quebec.
By 3:30 p.m. NST Sunday trough located over northern Belle Isle
At 3:30 p.m. NST today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over the Grand Banks.
By 3:30 p.m. NST Sunday ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over the southeastern Grand Banks.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:21 PM NST 22 February 2020 A trough of low pressure over Quebec will cross Belle Isle Bank
Sunday afternoon. Strong southwesterlies ahead of the trough will
veer to gale force northwesterlies behind it.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
Belle Isle Bank.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Gulf waters, Northeast Coast, Belle Isle Bank, and Funk
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: