Issued 10:00 AM AST 23 February 2020
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind southwesterly 15 knots backing to south 10 to 15 late overnight then veering to southwest 15 Monday evening.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 22 February 2020 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6335W to 4420N
6320W to 4515N 6040W to 4535N 5740W to 4710N 5815W to Newfoundland
near 4710N 5525W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4530N 6515W to
Nova Scotia near 4510N 6445W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 22 February 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4738N 5242W to 4748N 4725W to 4900N 4645W to 5045N 4720W to 5400N
5000W to 6230N 5359W to 5744N 4500W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Feb estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5144N 5626W to Newfoundland near 5130N 5610W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM AST 23 February 2020 Today Tonight and Monday At 10:00 a.m. AST today quasi-stationary ridge located south of
the Marine District.
At 10:00 a.m. AST today low 1000 mb located northwest of the
By 8:00 p.m. AST Monday low 1005 mb located over central Quebec.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:41 AM AST 23 February 2020 Marine interests are advised that all freezing spray warnings have
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: