Issued 10:00 AM AST 25 January 2020
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind easterly 10 to 15 knots veering to southeast 15 this evening then increasing to southeast 20 to 25 Sunday morning. Wind increasing to southeast 30 Sunday afternoon then diminishing to west 20 Sunday evening.
Rain and fog patches Sunday afternoon and evening.
Sable - eastern half
Sable - western half
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 25 January 2020 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4535N 6455W to
4515N 6500W to Nova Scotia near 4520N 6430W. Sea ice east of the ice
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4435N 6330W to 4420N
6245W to 4555N 5920W to 4935N 6140W to 4955N 5820W to 4750N 5950W to
4725N 5915W to Newfoundland near 4720N 5510W. Sea ice west then
north then east then north of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 25 January 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5222N 5537W to 5330N 5245W to 5500N 5306W to 5700N 5600W then
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM AST 25 January 2020 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:00 a.m. AST today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
By 10:00 a.m. AST Sunday ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
At 10:00 a.m. AST Sunday low 1002 mb located over New England.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Sunday trough from 994 mb low located from Maine
to East Scotian Slope.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:24 AM AST 25 January 2020 A low pressure system approaching from New England Sunday morning
will move to lie near Maine Sunday evening with a trough extending
southeastward to East Scotian Slope. Winds will increase to strong to
gale force southeasterlies ahead of the trough overnight into Sunday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Grand Manan, Lurcher, Browns Bank, Georges Bank, southwestern shore,
LaHave Bank and West Scotian Slope.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: