Issued 03:00 AM ADT 19 April 2018
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind southwest 25 knots diminishing to southwest 15 near noon then increasing to easterly 20 to 25 this evening. Wind becoming variable 25 near midnight then diminishing to west 15 to 20 Friday morning. Wind veering to northwest 20 Friday evening.
Periods of rain and fog patches beginning this afternoon and ending Friday afternoon. Risk of thunderstorms late this afternoon and this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 April 2018 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Cape Breton Island near 4535N 6040W to 4530N
5840W to 4600N 5805W to Newfoundland near 4735N 5915W. Sea ice west
of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 18 April 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 18 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4713N 5257W to 4600N 4730W to 4600N 4615W to 4645N 4545W to 4815N
4545W to 5100N 4730W to 5300N 4900W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 18 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5012N 6048W to Newfoundland near 4855N 5830W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 19 April 2018 Today Tonight and Friday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today trough located on a line east-west over
By 3:30 p.m. ADT today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
At 3:30 p.m. ADT today low 998 mb located southwest of Nova Scotia.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Friday low 995 mb located near Sable Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:57 AM ADT 19 April 2018 A low pressure system will approach the district from the west this
afternoon and move to lie over Banquereau by Friday morning. Strong
to gale force southwesterlies will develop south of the low.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
southern half of Georges Bank, West Scotian Slope, east Scotian
Slope and Laurentian Fan.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: