Northumberland Strait - western half
Issued 03:30 PM AST 21 January 2020
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind light becoming southwest 10 to 15 knots Wednesday evening.
Low tonight minus 9. High Wednesday minus 4.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 21 January 2020 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Cape Breton Island near 4650N 6020W to 4710N
6015W to 4840N 6150W to 5020N 5805W to 4750N 5950W to 4725N 5920W to
Newfoundland near 4720N 5515W. Sea ice west then east then north of
the ice edge.
9 plus tenths grey ice including 3 tenths grey-white ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM AST 21 January 2020 Tonight and Wednesday At 3:30 p.m. AST today departing low located northeast of
At 3:30 p.m. AST today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over New England.
By 10:00 a.m. AST Wednesday ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Maritimes.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:15 PM AST 21 January 2020 A low pressure system northeast of Newfoundland will continue to move
northeastward tonight. Strong northwesterly winds will gradually
diminish over northern waters this evening.
Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Cabot Strait and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: