Northumberland Strait - western half
Issued 10:00 AM ADT 01 June 2023
Today Tonight and Friday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to easterly 10 to 15 knots early this evening and to northeast 20 late overnight. Wind increasing to northeast 25 to 30 Friday morning.
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 June 2023
Saturday Wind northeast 25 knots.
Sunday Wind northeast 15 knots.
Monday Wind northeast 10 to 15 knots increasing to northeast 15 to 20.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 31 May 2023 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Warnings (In effect)
Strong wind warning in effect
Northumberland Strait - western halfIssued 10:00 AM ADT 01 June 2023
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 1 June 2023 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today quasi-stationary ridge located over the
southwestern Marine District.
At 10:00 a.m. ADT today trough located over the northern Gulf of
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Friday trough located south of Nova Scotia.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:58 AM ADT 1 June 2023 A trough of low pressure will track south across Nova Scotia on
Friday and in its wake a strong to gale force northeast flow will
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Gulf - Magdalen - northern half and Anticosti - southeastern half.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: