Northumberland Strait - western half
Issued 08:00 PM AST 16 February 2020
Tonight and Monday.
Wind southwest 10 to 15 knots becoming light late overnight. Wind light Monday.
Flurries this evening Monday afternoon and evening. Visibility as low as 1 mile in flurries.
Low tonight minus 9. High Monday zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 16 February 2020 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6335W to 4420N
6320W to 4535N 5945W to 4540N 5835W to 4730N 5955W to Newfoundland
near 4710N 5525W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4530N 6515W to
Nova Scotia near 4510N 6445W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
9 tenths grey ice including 1 tenth grey-white ice except 9 tenths
first-year ice in the eastern section and along the Prince Edward
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM AST 16 February 2020 Tonight and Monday At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight trough located from Nova Scotia to
By 10:00 a.m. AST Monday trough located southeast of the Marine
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:42 PM AST 16 February 2020 A trough of low pressure stretching from Nova Scotia to Newfoundland
will move to lie southeast of the marine district Monday morning.
Marine interests are advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for Anticosti.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: