Northumberland Strait - western half
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 19 April 2018
Today Tonight and Friday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southwesterly 15 knots diminishing to light this afternoon then increasing to northeast 15 late this evening. Wind increasing to northeast 20 to 25 Friday morning then backing to northwest 20 to 25 Friday evening.
A few showers beginning late this evening changing to flurries overnight and ending Friday evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 April 2018 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Cape Breton Island near 4535N 6040W to 4530N
5840W to 4600N 5805W to Newfoundland near 4735N 5915W. Sea ice west
of the ice edge.
4 tenths first-year ice.
Warnings (In effect)
Northumberland StraitIssued 03:00 AM ADT 19 April 2018
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 19 April 2018 Today Tonight and Friday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today trough located on a line east-west over
By 3:30 p.m. ADT today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
At 3:30 p.m. ADT today low 998 mb located southwest of Nova Scotia.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Friday low 995 mb located near Sable Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:57 AM ADT 19 April 2018 A low pressure system will approach the district from the west this
afternoon and move to lie over Banquereau by Friday morning. Strong
to gale force southwesterlies will develop south of the low.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
southern half of Georges Bank, West Scotian Slope, east Scotian
Slope and Laurentian Fan.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: