Northumberland Strait - eastern half
Issued 08:00 PM ADT 21 March 2023
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to northwest 15 to 20 after midnight. Wind northwest 15 to 20 Wednesday.
Flurries this evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Temperatures plus 1 falling to minus 4 Wednesday morning.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 21 March 2023
Thursday Wind light increasing to southeast 25 knots late in the day.
Friday Wind southeast 25 knots diminishing to northwest 20.
Saturday Wind north 15 to 20 knots.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 21 March 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday 1 tenth first-year ice except 8 tenths first-year ice in the southern and western sections. Consolidated first-year ice along parts of the coasts.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 21 March 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4557N 5947W to 4620N 5930W
to 4845N 6230W to 4946N 5849W to 4730N 5940W to Newfoundland near
4711N 5528W. Sea ice west then northeast of the ice edge.
1 tenth first-year ice except 8 tenths first-year ice in the
southern and western sections. Consolidated first-year ice along
parts of the coasts.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 21 March 2023 Tonight and Wednesday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight ridge located over the southern Marine
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday departing ridge located over Laurentian
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough located over New Brunswick.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday departing trough located east of Cape
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:41 AM ADT 22 March 2023 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Chaleur - Miscou and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: