Northumberland Strait - eastern half
Issued 10:00 AM AST 21 February 2020
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind light increasing to southerly 10 to 15 knots early this evening then veering to southwest 15 to 20 late overnight. Wind diminishing to southwest 10 to 15 Saturday afternoon.
Temperatures minus 19 rising to minus 3 Saturday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 21 February 2020 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6335W to 4420N
6320W to 4515N 6040W to 4535N 5740W to 4710N 5815W to Newfoundland
near 4710N 5525W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4530N 6515W to
Nova Scotia near 4510N 6445W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
9 tenths grey-white ice including 1 tenth first-year ice except 9
plus tenths first-year ice in the western section along the Prince
Edward Island coast.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM AST 21 February 2020 Today Tonight and Saturday At 10:00 a.m. AST today ridge located on a line east-west over
By 3:00 a.m. AST Saturday ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over the southern Marine District.
At 3:00 a.m. AST Saturday trough located over southeastern Quebec.
By 3:30 p.m. AST Saturday weakening trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:52 AM AST 21 February 2020 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Banquereau - northwestern half, Cabot Strait,
Gulf-Magdalen, and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - southern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - southern half
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: