Northumberland Strait - eastern half
Issued 03:00 AM AST 21 January 2022
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind northwesterly 15 knots diminishing to light after midnight. Wind light Saturday.
Temperatures minus 14 falling to minus 22 Saturday morning then rising to minus 16 Saturday afternoon.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 20 January 2022 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Cape Breton near 4653N 6020W to 4705N
6015W to 4755N 6125W to 4700N 6330W to 4830N 6315W to 4845N 6130W to
5000N 5830W to 4730N 6000W to Newfoundland near 4728N 5608W. Sea ice
south then west then northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4525N 6524W to
Nova Scotia near 4504N 6501W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
3 tenths grey ice except 9 tenths grey ice including 2 tenths
grey-white ice in the western section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM AST 21 January 2022 Today Tonight and Saturday At 3:00 a.m. AST today cold front located over the southern Marine
By 3:30 p.m. AST today departing cold front located southeast of
the Marine District.
At 10:00 a.m. AST Saturday intensifying low 1006 mb located
southwest of the Marine District.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Saturday low 993 mb located south of the Marine
At 3:30 p.m. AST today building ridge located over southern Quebec.
By 10:00 a.m. AST Saturday ridge located over the Gulf of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:55 AM AST 21 January 2022 Freezing spray warnings are in effect for Grand Manan, Lurcher,
southwestern shore, eastern shore - western half, Gulf - Magdalen,
Chaleur - Miscou, and Anticosti - southern half.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: