Northumberland Strait - eastern half
Issued 03:00 AM AST 24 February 2020
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind south 10 to 15 knots increasing to south 15 to 20 this afternoon then veering to southwest 10 to 15 after midnight. Wind diminishing to light Tuesday morning.
Temperatures minus 4 rising to plus 1 this afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 23 February 2020 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6335W to 4420N
6320W to 4515N 6040W to 4530N 5740W to 4710N 5815W to Newfoundland
near 4710N 5525W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4530N 6515W to
Nova Scotia near 4510N 6445W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
9 tenths grey-white ice including 1 tenth first-year ice except 9
plus tenths first-year ice in the western section along the Prince
Edward Island coast.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM AST 24 February 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 a.m. AST today quasi-stationary ridge located south of
the Marine District.
At 3:00 a.m. AST today low located south of James Bay.
By 3:00 a.m. AST Tuesday weakening low located north of Anticosti
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: