Northumberland Strait - eastern half
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 29 March 2020
Tonight and Monday.
Wind light increasing to northeasterly 10 to 15 knots near midnight and to northeast 20 Monday evening.
Temperatures near minus 3.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 29 March 2020 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4510N 6125W to 4500N 6000W
to 4520N 5900W to 4725N 5900W to Newfoundland near 4710N 5525W. Sea
ice north and west of the ice edge.
Open water except 7 tenths grey-white ice including 2 tenths
first-year ice along parts of the coast of Nova Scotia and the coast
of Cape Breton Island.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 29 March 2020 Tonight and Monday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today departing low 1002 mb located south of the
At 3:30 p.m. ADT today ridge located from Anticosti Island to West
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Monday ridge located from Labrador to Sable Island.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight approaching low 1006 mb located southwest
of the Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:16 PM ADT 29 March 2020 A low pressure system south of the Grand Banks will continue moving
southeastward tonight. Strong to gale force northwesterly winds over
eastern portions of Laurentian Fan and Banquereau are expected to
Meanwhile, a low pressure system will approach the district from the
southwest tonight. Strong to gale force southeasterly winds are
expected over western waters.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Lurcher, Browns Bank, Georges Bank - northern half, Banquereau -
eastern half and Laurentian Fan - eastern half.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks - eastern half
- Northern Grand Banks - western half
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: