Issued 08:00 PM ADT 19 August 2019
Tonight and Tuesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southerly 10 to 15 knots increasing to southwesterly 20 late this evening then diminishing to westerly 15 late overnight. Wind becoming variable 10 to 15 near noon Tuesday.
Showers ending Tuesday afternoon with a risk of thunderstorms.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 2 June 2019 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Warnings (In effect)
Northumberland StraitIssued 8:00 PM ADT 19 August 2019
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 19 August 2019 Tonight and Tuesday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough located on a line north-south over
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Tuesday trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over Nova Scotia.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low located southwest of Georges Bank.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Tuesday low located south of Laurentian Fan.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - northern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: