Issued 03:30 PM ADT 24 August 2019
Tonight and Sunday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind north 20 to 25 knots diminishing to northeasterly 15 this evening then becoming variable 10 to 15 late overnight. Wind variable 10 to 15 Sunday.
Showers ending early this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 2 June 2019 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Warnings (In effect)
Northumberland StraitIssued 3:30 PM ADT 24 August 2019
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 24 August 2019 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over Cabot Strait.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT today departing trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over the southwestern Grand Banks.
At 10:00 a.m. ADT today high 1029 mb located near the Great Lakes.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Sunday high 1029 mb located over New Brunswick.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: