Issued 03:30 PM NDT 19 March 2018
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to west 15 to 20 Tuesday morning and to west 25 Tuesday afternoon.
Flurries. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Temperatures minus 3 to plus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 19 March 2018 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4520N 6100W to 4510N 6005W
to 4550N 5815W to 4655N 5755W to Newfoundland near 4730N 5610W. Sea
ice north of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 9 tenths grey-white ice including a trace of
first-year ice along the Quebec coast.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 19 March 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5517W to 4545N 5330W to 4515N 4745W to 4515N 4600W to 4800N
4600W to 5300N 4930W to 5600N 5200W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5109N 5840W to Newfoundland near 5029N 5724W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM NDT 19 March 2018 Tonight and Tuesday At 3:30 p.m. NDT today dissipating low 975 mb located over
northeastern Belle Isle Bank.
At 3:30 p.m. NDT today low 973 mb located southeast of Labrador Sea.
By 3:30 p.m. NDT Tuesday low 986 mb located over southern Labrador
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:24 PM NDT 19 March 2018 Marine interests are advised that all gale warnings have been ended.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: