Issued 03:00 AM NDT 18 July 2019
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind west 20 knots diminishing to west 15 near midnight then becoming variable 10 to 15 Friday evening.
Showers and fog patches ending early this morning with a risk of thunderstorms.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 2 June 2019 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 17 July 2019
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 17 Jul estimated from Newfoundland near
4650N 5405W to 4525N 5335W to 4525N 5120W to 5230N 4935W to 5515N
5120W to 6015N 5900W to 6159N 5429W to 5830N 4729W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 17 Jul estimated from Quebec near
5017N 6030W to Newfoundland near 4858N 5827W.
Iceberg CountLess than 10 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 18 July 2019 Today Tonight and Friday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today trough located over Gulf - Port au Port.
By 3:30 p.m. NDT today trough located on a line northwest-southeast
over Funk Island Bank.
At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight low 994 mb located over northeastern Funk
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Friday quasi-stationary low 993 mb located over
eastern Belle Isle Bank.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - northeastern half
- Banquereau - southwestern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: