Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
Issued 03:00 AM NDT 31 March 2020
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind northeast 25 knots diminishing to northeast 15 to 20 this morning then veering to east 10 to 15 near noon. Wind increasing to east 15 to 20 this evening. Wind east 15 to 20 Wednesday.
Periods of rain. Fog patches becoming fog banks this afternoon.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 30 March 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4805N 5250W to 4655N 4750W
to 4810N 4720W to 4945N 4955W to 5300N 5030W to 5530N 5310W to 5630N
5700W to 5800N 5800W then northward. Sea ice north then west of the
2 tenths grey-white ice except 7 tenths grey-white ice including 3
tenths first-year ice in the northeastern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 3:35 PM EDT 30 March 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 31 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4638N 5335W to 4600N 5205W to 4445N 4700W to 4600N 4450W to 5030N
4400W to 5330N 4800W to 5800N 5500W to 5930N 5400W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountLess than 10 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 31 March 2020 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over the East Coast of Newfoundland.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday weakening trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over the West Coast of Newfoundland.
At 3:00 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located over northern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:51 AM NDT 31 March 2020 A trough of low pressure over the East Coast will move slowly
westward to lie northeast to southwest over Western Newfoundland
overnight and weaken. Strong to gale force north to northeasterlies
are forecast west of this feature today and tonight.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Strait of Belle Isle, Northeast Gulf, Gulf - Port au Port and
Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: