Issued 03:00 AM NDT 20 April 2018
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind northwest 15 knots becoming variable 10 to 15 this morning then increasing to northwest 15 to 20 Saturday morning. Wind increasing to northwest 25 Saturday evening.
Periods of snow beginning this morning changing to flurries or showers Saturday morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Temperatures near zero.
Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 19 April 2018 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4805N 5255W to 4725N 4835W
to 4830N 4855W to 4920N 5115W to 5410N 5220W to 5620N 5735W to 5800N
5830W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
1 tenth first-year ice except 9 tenths first-year ice in the
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 19 April 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4713N 5257W to 4545N 4730W to 4545N 4545W to 4645N 4530W to 4815N
4530W to 5100N 4730W to 5300N 4900W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5012N 6048W to Newfoundland near 4855N 5830W.
Iceberg Count10 to 25 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 20 April 2018 Today Tonight and Saturday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today weakening low 993 mb located east of Belle
At 3:00 a.m. NDT today low 996 mb located south of Cape Breton
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Saturday low 995 mb located off the Northeast
Coast of Newfoundland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:58 AM NDT 20 April 2018 A developing low pressure system south of Cape Breton Island will
track across Newfoundland tonight, then stall over the Belle Isle
Bank on Saturday. Strong to gale force southwesterlies will develop
to the east of its track, becoming strong north to southwesterlies
over all waters in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
Southwest Coast - Ramea and east.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: