Issued 10:00 AM NST 24 January 2020
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind northwest 25 knots with gusts to 35 along the coast today. Wind northwest 25 tonight and Saturday.
Flurries ending this afternoon.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Temperatures minus 4 falling to minus 9 this afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 24 January 2020 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5300W to 4930N 5225W
to 5025N 5455W to 5120N 5230W to 5505N 5215W to 5625N 5555W to 5800N
5730W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Open water except 7 tenths new ice including 1 tenth grey ice along
parts of the coast.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 24 January 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5223N 5538W to 5330N 5245W to 5700N 5600W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Northeast CoastIssued 10:00 AM NST 24 January 2020
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NST 24 January 2020 Today Tonight and Saturday At 10:00 a.m. NST today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over northern Funk Island Bank.
By 8:00 p.m. NST tonight departing trough located east of the
At 10:00 a.m. NST today ridge located south of Sable Island.
By 3:00 a.m. NST Saturday ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:49 AM NST 24 January 2020 A trough of low pressure over Northern Funk Island Bank will move
southeast across the eastern marine district today. Strong
southwesterlies ahead of the trough will increase to strong to gale
force northwesterlies behind it.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Belle Isle Bank and Funk Island Bank.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Strait of Belle Isle, Gulf waters, East Coast - north of
Cape St. Francis, Northeast Coast, Belle Isle Bank and Funk Island
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: