Issued 10:00 AM NST 28 January 2020
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind north 25 knots diminishing to north 15 to 20 this evening then increasing to north 25 Wednesday evening.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
A risk of freezing spray over northwestern sections today and this evening. Freezing spray over northwestern sections Wednesday evening.
Temperatures minus 5 to minus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 28 January 2020 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5300W to 4930N 5225W
to 5045N 5240W to 5500N 5200W to 5625N 5555W to 5800N 5730W then
northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Open water except 7 tenths new ice including 1 tenth grey-white ice
along parts of the coast.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 28 January 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5222N 5537W to 5320N 5245W to 5500N 5305W to 5700N 5600W then
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Northeast CoastIssued 10:00 AM NST 28 January 2020
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NST 28 January 2020 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:00 a.m. NST today trough located from Cape Breton Island to
Funk Island Bank.
By 10:00 a.m. NST Wednesday trough located on a line east-west
over the southern Grand Banks.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:46 AM NST 28 January 2020 Marine interests are advised that all gale warnings have ended.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Strait of Belle Isle, Northeast Gulf, Gulf - Port au Port,
Northeast Coast, and Belle Isle Bank.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: