Issued 10:00 AM NDT 21 March 2018
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots diminishing to light this evening then increasing to northeast 15 late overnight. Wind increasing to northeast 25 Thursday evening.
Temperatures minus 7 to minus 2 rising to minus 1 Thursday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 March 2018 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4715N 5245W to 4840N 5050W
to 5425N 5110W to 5635N 5515W to 5800N 5825W then northward. Sea ice
north and west of the ice edge.
4 tenths first-year ice except 9 plus tenths first-year ice in the
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 20 March 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4653N 5409W to 4530N 5330W to 4500N 4745W to 4515N 4530W to 4800N
4600W to 5300N 4930W to 5600N 5200W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5109N 5840W to Newfoundland near 5029N 5724W.
Iceberg Count10 to 25 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NDT 21 March 2018 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:00 a.m. NDT today trough located southwest of Nova Scotia.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Thursday trough located on a line east-west over
the southern Grand Banks.
At 10:00 a.m. NDT today departing low 1001 mb located northeast
of Belle Isle Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:44 AM NDT 21 March 2018 A trough will approach the marine district from the southwest today,
and move over the Southern Grand Banks tonight. Strong to gale force
southeasterlies to northeasterlies will develop over southern waters
ahead of this feature. Strong to gale force south to southwesterlies
with develop in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Gulf - Port au Port, Southwest Coast, South Coast, East Coast - Cape
St. Francis and south, and the Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - southern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - southern half
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: