Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
Issued 10:00 AM AST 27 January 2020
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots increasing to north 30 early this evening then diminishing to north 20 Tuesday afternoon. Wind diminishing to north 10 to 15 Tuesday evening.
Flurries this afternoon tonight and Tuesday.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray beginning near midnight and ending Tuesday evening.
Temperatures zero falling to minus 11 Tuesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 27 January 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4435N 6330W to 4420N 6245W
to 4555N 5930W to 4745N 6040W to 4805N 6010W to 4935N 6145W to 4945N
5810W to 4830N 5920W to 4725N 5930W to Newfoundland near 4710N
5525W. Sea ice west then north then east then north of the ice edge.
9 plus tenths grey ice including including a trace of grey-white ice
except 9 plus tenths grey-white ice in the extreme southeastern
Warnings (In effect)
Chaleur - Miscou - eastern halfIssued 10:00 AM AST 27 January 2020
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM AST 27 January 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:00 a.m. AST today low 991 mb located near Chaleur Bay.
By 3:00 a.m. AST Tuesday low 994 mb located near
At 10:00 a.m. AST today departing trough located east of Laurentian
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:54 AM AST 27 January 2020 An area of low pressure near the Bay of Chaleur will move slowly
southeastward across the Gulf of St. Lawrence today and tonight, then
weaken to a trough by Tuesday evening.
Over northern waters, winds will increase to strong to gale force
northeasterlies to the north and west of the low today, then
gradually diminish late in the day on Tuesday as it moves off.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Northumberland Strait, Gulf-Magdalen - western half,
Chaleur-Miscou, and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: