Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
Issued 03:00 AM AST 20 February 2020
Today Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind westerly 35 knots diminishing to westerly 25 to 30 this morning and to westerly 15 to 20 near midnight. Wind backing to southwesterly 10 to 15 near noon Friday then to southerly 15 to 20 Friday evening.
Temperatures minus 14 falling to minus 19 this morning then rising to minus 14 Friday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 19 February 2020 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6335W to 4420N
6320W to 4530N 5940W to 4605N 5815W to 4715N 5900W to Newfoundland
near 4710N 5525W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4530N 6515W to
Nova Scotia near 4510N 6445W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
9 tenths new ice including 2 tenths grey-white ice except 9 tenths
first-year ice in the extreme southeastern section.
Warnings (In effect)
Chaleur - MiscouIssued 03:00 AM AST 20 February 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM AST 20 February 2020 Today Tonight and Friday At 3:00 a.m. AST today departing trough located east of the Marine
At 3:30 p.m. AST today building ridge located west of the Marine
By 10:00 a.m. AST Friday ridge located over the Maritimes.
At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight intensifying low 1013 mb located southwest
of the Marine District.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Friday low 1001 mb located south of Laurentian Fan.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:46 AM AST 20 February 2020 Strong to gale force northwesterlies will persist today in the wake
of a departing trough of low pressure east of the district.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Fourchu, Banquereau - northern half, Cabot Strait, Gulf-Magdalen,
Chaleur-Miscou, and Anticosti.
Freezing spray warnings are in effect for Fundy, Grand Manan,
Lurcher, southwestern shore, LaHave Bank, eastern shore, Sable,
Fourchu, Banquereau, Cabot Strait, Northumberland Strait,
Gulf-Magdalen, and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - northern half
- Laurentian Fan - southern half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - southern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - southern half
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: