Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 18 June 2018
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind south 20 knots increasing to south 25 to 30 this morning then diminishing to southwest 20 early this evening. Wind veering to northwest 20 overnight. Wind northwest 20 Tuesday.
Showers ending overnight. Risk of thunderstorms today and early this evening. Fog patches forming early this evening and dissipating Tuesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2018
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
Chaleur - Miscou - eastern halfIssued 03:00 AM ADT 18 June 2018
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 18 June 2018 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today warm front from 1003 mb low located on a
line north-south over western New Brunswick.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight warm front from 993 mb low located on a
line north-south over Cape Breton Island.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight cold front from 993 mb low located on a
line northeast-southwest over northern New Brunswick.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Tuesday cold front from 983 mb low located on a
line northeast-southwest over Laurentian Fan.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:55 AM ADT 18 June 2018 A developing low pressure system over Quebec will move eastward to
lie over Anticosti by this evening. A warm front extending southward
from it will move over Nova Scotia this morning. Winds will
Increase to strong to gale force southerlies ahead of the front and
will veer to strong to gale force westerlies behind it.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Fundy, eastern shore - eastern half, Sable - eastern half, Fourchu,
Banquereau and Cabot Strait.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: