Mid Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 PM NST 24 February 2020
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind southeast 20 knots except variable 10 to 15 over northern sections. Wind diminishing to variable 10 to 15 early Tuesday morning except northwest 25 over northern sections. Wind becoming northwest 25 near noon Tuesday.
Periods of snow overnight and Tuesday morning.
Risk of freezing spray.
Temperatures minus 20 rising to minus 12 overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 24 February 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4830N 5300W to 4845N 5045W
to 5045N 4915W to 5515N 5245W to 5615N 5615W to 5800N 5840W then
northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
9 plus tenths grey-white ice except 9 tenths first-year ice in the
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 24 February 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4730N 5240W to 4730N 4650W to 4910N 4545W to 5400N 5000W to 6230N
5359W to 5744N 4500W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Feb estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5144N 5626W to Newfoundland near 5130N 5610W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NST 24 February 2020 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight trough located over the coast of Greenland.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Tuesday dissipating trough located over the coast
At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over the South Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Tuesday departing ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over the East Labrador Sea.
At 4:00 a.m. NST Tuesday low 1007 mb located over western Labrador.
By 9:30 p.m. NST Tuesday low 1002 mb located over the southern
East Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:39 PM NST 24 February 2020 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: