Mid Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 PM NST 22 January 2019
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind northwest 25 knots backing to west 15 to 20 near noon Wednesday.
Risk of freezing spray tonight and Wednesday morning.
Temperatures minus 12 to minus 4 falling to minus 20 to minus 12 Wednesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 22 January 2019 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4840N 5305W to 4900N 5250W
to 4950N 5310W to 5010N 5435W to 5045N 5235W to 5255N 5205W to 5405N
5230W to 5510N 5355W to 5650N 5720W to 5800N 5800W then northward.
Sea ice west of the ice edge.
9 plus tenths grey ice including 3 tenths grey-white ice except 9
tenths grey-white ice including 4 tenths first-year ice over eastern
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 22 January 2019
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 Jan estimated from Newfoundland near
5124N 5532W to 5130N 5430W to 5245N 5015W to 5500N 5045W to 5700N
5500W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 Jan estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5148N 5615W to Newfoundland near 5131N 5601W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Mid Labrador CoastIssued 9:30 PM NST 22 January 2019
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NST 22 January 2019 Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight low 993 mb located east of Belle Isle Bank.
By 4:00 p.m. NST Wednesday low 987 mb located south of Greenland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:21 PM NST 22 January 2019 A low pressure system east of the Belle Isle Bank will slowly
continue eastward tonight. Strong to gale force northerlies to the
north of this feature will persist into Wednesday over southern
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
South Labrador Coast and South Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: