Mid Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 AM NST 22 January 2020
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots increasing to southwest 25 this evening. Wind southwest 25 Thursday.
Flurries Thursday morning.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray.
Temperatures minus 15 to minus 10 rising to minus 10 to minus 5 Thursday morning.
Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 22 January 2020 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5300W to 4930N 5225W
to 5015N 5505W to 5125N 5240W to 5455N 5255W to 5625N 5555W to 5800N
5730W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
9 tenths grey ice including 3 tenths grey-white ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 22 January 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5223N 5538W to 5330N 5400W to 5700N 5600W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Mid Labrador CoastIssued 09:30 AM NST 22 January 2020
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NST 22 January 2020 Today Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 a.m. NST today departing trough located east of the East
At 9:30 a.m. NST today low 992 mb located over Hudson Bay.
By 9:30 a.m. NST Thursday low 994 mb located over the Torngat
At 9:30 a.m. NST today ridge located over Labrador Coast.
By 9:30 p.m. NST tonight dissipating ridge located over Labrador
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:24 AM NST 22 January 2020 A low pressure system will approach from the northwest tonight and
cross the northern marine district Thursday. Strong to gale force
southwesterlies will develop ahead of the low.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
East Labrador Sea - southeastern half.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all regions with open water.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - northern half
- Funk Island Bank - southern half
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: