Mid Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 29 March 2020
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind northwest 15 knots diminishing to light this afternoon. Wind light tonight and Monday.
Temperatures minus 14 to minus 8.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 29 March 2020 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4805N 5250W to 4630N 4700W
to 4800N 4645W to 4945N 4945W to 5300N 5030W to 5545N 5300W to 5645N
5645W to 5800N 5800W then northward. Sea ice north then west of the
8 tenths first-year ice except 8 tenths first-year ice including a
trace of old ice in the eastern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 3:08 PM EDT 28 March 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4638N 5335W to 4600N 5130W to 4525N 4620W to 4700N 4420W to 4900N
4420W to 5100N 4550W to 5330N 4800W to 5835N 5525W to 6100N 5300W to
5800N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5017N 6037W to Newfoundland near 4852N 5826W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 29 March 2020 Today Tonight and Monday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today trough located on a line northwest-southeast
over the East Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT today trough located east of the Marine District.
At 9:30 a.m. NDT today ridge located over Labrador.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Mid Labrador Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:15 AM NDT 29 March 2020 A trough of low pressure over the East Labrador Sea will move east of
the district today. Strong to gale force northwesterlies are expected
in its wake. Winds will diminish later today as the trough moves
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for the
Northwest Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the South Labrador Sea and Northwest Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks - eastern half
- Northern Grand Banks - western half
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: