Mid Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 AM NST 27 January 2020
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind north 15 to 20 knots except northwest 10 to 15 over northern sections. Wind increasing to northwest 25 this evening except northwest 10 to 15 over northern sections. Wind diminishing to variable 10 to 15 Tuesday afternoon.
Risk of freezing spray today and Tuesday.
Temperatures minus 18 to minus 10.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 27 January 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5300W to 4930N 5225W
to 5025N 5455W to 5030N 5235W to 5505N 5215W to 5625N 5555W to 5800N
5730W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
9 tenths grey ice including 4 tenths grey-white ice except 8 tenths
grey-white ice including a trace of first-year ice in the
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 27 January 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5222N 5537W to 5330N 5245W to 5500N 5306W to 5700N 5600W then
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NST 27 January 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 a.m. NST today quasi-stationary trough located off
At 9:30 a.m. NST today quasi-stationary ridge located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:18 AM NST 27 January 2020 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: