Mid Labrador Coast
Issued 04:00 PM NST 24 January 2020
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind west 30 knots veering to northwest 25 late overnight then diminishing to west 15 Saturday evening.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water moderate at times severe freezing spray ending Saturday evening.
Temperatures minus 20 to minus 15.
Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 24 January 2020 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5300W to 4930N 5225W
to 5025N 5455W to 5120N 5230W to 5505N 5215W to 5625N 5555W to 5800N
5730W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
9 tenths grey ice including 3 tenths grey-white ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 24 January 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5223N 5538W to 5330N 5245W to 5700N 5600W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Mid Labrador CoastIssued 4:00 PM NST 24 January 2020
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NST 24 January 2020 Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 p.m. NST today quasi-stationary low 978 mb located west
At 4:00 p.m. NST today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over western Labrador.
At 4:00 p.m. NST today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over Funk Island Bank.
By 9:30 p.m. NST tonight departing trough located east of Funk
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:54 PM NST 24 January 2020 A low pressure system near the west coast of Greenland will remain
nearly stationary for the forecast period while a ridge of high
pressure will dominate from the Maritimes to Western Labrador. Strong
to gale force northwesterlies are expected between these two
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Lake Melville, Mid Labrador Coast, and North Labrador
Coast - Saglek and south.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all regions with open water.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: