Issued 09:30 AM NST 23 January 2019
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southwest 20 knots diminishing to variable 10 to 15 this evening. Wind variable 10 to 15 Thursday.
Temperatures minus 22 rising to minus 8 Thursday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 22 January 2019 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4840N 5305W to 4900N 5250W
to 4950N 5310W to 5010N 5435W to 5045N 5235W to 5255N 5205W to 5405N
5230W to 5510N 5355W to 5650N 5720W to 5800N 5800W then northward.
Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NST 23 January 2019 Today Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 a.m. NST today low 990 mb located northeast of Belle
By 9:30 p.m. NST tonight departing low 990 mb located southeast
At 9:30 a.m. NST today trough located over central Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Thursday trough located over the southern East
At 4:00 a.m. NST Thursday approaching ridge located over Labrador.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:18 AM NST 23 January 2019 A low pressure system northeast of the Belle Isle Bank will continue
to move away from the district today. Strong to gale force
northerlies will diminish this morning as the low moves away.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
South Labrador Coast.
Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the South Labrador Coast and the Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: