Issued 04:00 AM NDT 18 September 2019
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind light becoming southwest 15 knots near noon then diminishing to light this evening. Wind increasing to southwest 15 late overnight and to southwest 25 Thursday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 13 July 2019 Forecasts have ended for the season.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 18 September 2019 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today departing trough located over Funk Island
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over the Northwest Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Thursday ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over the South Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 a.m. NDT today trough located over Baffin Island.
By 9:30 a.m. NDT Thursday trough located on a line east-west over
northern Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:12 PM NDT 17 September 2019 All gale warnings have been ended.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: