Issued 04:00 PM NST 08 February 2023
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots veering to northwest 25 this evening then diminishing to west 15 near midnight. Wind west 15 Thursday.
Flurries ending near midnight.
Low tonight minus 21. High Thursday minus 15.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 8 February 2023 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4842N 5305W to 4933N 5332W
to 5013N 5512W to 5047N 5323W to 5324N 5057W to 5535N 5319W to 5617N
5558W to 5803N 5746W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NST 8 February 2023 Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 p.m. NST today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over the Northwest Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 p.m. NST Thursday trough located over the East Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:54 PM NST 8 February 2023 A trough of low pressure over the Northwest Labrador Sea will move
southeastward to lie over the East Labrador Sea by Thursday. Strong
to gale force southwesterlies ahead of the trough will shift to
strong to gale force northwesterlies as it passes.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Lake Melville and South Labrador Coast.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for South Labrador Sea, Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern
half, and East Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: