Issued 04:00 PM NDT 18 June 2018
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind south 15 to 20 knots diminishing to light late overnight then becoming northwest 15 Tuesday afternoon.
Rain changing to a few showers this evening. Fog patches forming this evening and dissipating Tuesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 June 2018 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Quebec near 5125N 5700W to
Newfoundland near 5120N 5640W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5100N 5550W to
5100N 5400W to 5330N 5230W to 5435N 5340W to 5630N 5830W to 5800N
5830W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
1 tenth rotten first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NDT 18 June 2018 Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 p.m. NDT today departing ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over the East Labrador Sea.
At 4:00 p.m. NDT today trough located on a line north-south
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Tuesday low 986 mb located over the South
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: