Issued 09:30 PM NDT 03 October 2022
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind southwest 25 knots with gusts to 35 overnight and Tuesday morning. Wind veering to west 15 to 20 Tuesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 13 July 2022
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 3 October 2022 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight departing trough located south of
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight trough located over northern Quebec.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT Tuesday quasi-stationary trough located over the
coast of Greenland.
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight ridge located on a line north-south over
the East Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 a.m. NDT Tuesday departing ridge located east of the East
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:19 PM NDT 3 October 2022 On Tuesday, a trough of low pressure will approach from the north and
swing southeastwards across the district. Strong to gale force
southwest to northwesterlies will develop across most waters in the
wake of the trough.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Lake Melville and South Labrador Coast.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: