Issued 09:30 AM NST 25 January 2020
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind southwest 15 knots diminishing to light Sunday morning.
Temperatures minus 15 to minus 10.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 25 January 2020 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5300W to 4930N 5225W
to 5025N 5455W to 5120N 5230W to 5505N 5215W to 5625N 5555W to 5800N
5730W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NST 25 January 2020 Today Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 a.m. NST today quasi-stationary trough located off
At 9:30 a.m. NST today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
By 9:30 a.m. NST Sunday ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over western Labrador.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:21 AM NST 25 January 2020 Strong to gale force northwesterlies will persist over much of the
district through Sunday between a trough of low pressure off the
coast of Greenland and a ridge of high pressure approaching from
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek and the Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: