Issued 09:30 AM NST 18 February 2020
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind southwest 15 knots diminishing to light early Wednesday morning then becoming northwest 15 Wednesday evening.
Periods of snow Wednesday. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Temperatures minus 26 rising to minus 5 Wednesday morning then falling to minus 15 Wednesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 18 February 2020 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4825N 5305W to 4805N 4930W
to 5420N 5050W to 5610N 5535W to 5800N 5730W then northward. Sea ice
west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NST 18 February 2020 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 a.m. NST today departing low located east of the Marine
By 4:00 p.m. NST Wednesday deepening low 996 mb located over
At 9:30 a.m. NST today ridge located over western Labrador.
By 9:30 a.m. NST Wednesday ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:17 AM NST 18 February 2020 A low pressure system east of the marine district will move away
From the Labrador Sea today. Strong to gale force west to
northwesterlies over the Labrador Sea will weaken today as it moves
A second low pressure system will deepen over the Labrador Sea on
Wednesday. Generally strong to gale force northwesterly winds are
forecast with this system.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
North Labrador Coast and East Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: