Issued 04:00 AM NST 16 January 2021
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind light becoming southwest 10 to 15 knots near noon then becoming light near midnight. Wind increasing to northeast 15 to 20 Sunday morning and to northeast 25 Sunday evening.
Flurries Sunday evening.
High today minus 9. Low tonight minus 16. High Sunday minus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 15 January 2021 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5105N 5545W to 5155N 5425W
to 5305N 5405W to 5800N 5800W then northeastward. Sea ice west of
the ice edge.
Consolidated grey-white ice including 3 tenths first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NST 16 January 2021 Today Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 a.m. NST today trough located west of Ungava Bay.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Sunday weakening trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:42 AM NST 16 January 2021 Freezing spray warnings are in effect for Mid Labrador Coast, South
Labrador Sea, and Northwest Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks - eastern half
- Northern Grand Banks - western half
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - western half
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: