Issued 04:00 PM NST 18 January 2018
Tonight and Friday.
Wind light increasing to southwest 15 to 20 knots late overnight. Wind southwest 15 to 20 Friday.
Flurries ending near midnight. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Low tonight minus 25. High Friday minus 20.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 18 January 2018 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5325W to
Newfoundland near 4900N 5340W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4925N 5420W to
4945N 5430W to 4940N 5450W to Newfoundland near 4930N 5510W. Sea ice
south of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5040N 5610W to 5105N
5245W to 5455N 5250W to 5610N 5605W to 5800N 5720W then northwards.
Sea ice west of the ice edge.
9 plus tenths grey-white ice except consolidated first-year ice in
the extreme western section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NST 18 January 2018 Tonight and Friday At 4:00 p.m. NST today weakening low 996 mb located over northern
By 4:00 a.m. NST Friday intensifying trough located on a line
north-south over Labrador Sea.
At 4:00 p.m. NST today ridge located over western Quebec.
By 4:00 p.m. NST Friday ridge located over western Labrador.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:43 PM NST 18 January 2018 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters except East Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: