Issued 04:00 PM NST 28 February 2020
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind northeast 25 knots diminishing to northeast 15 to 20 this evening and to northeast 10 to 15 Saturday afternoon.
Snow ending near midnight.
Temperatures minus 15 rising to minus 10 overnight then falling to minus 15 Saturday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 28 February 2020 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4830N 5300W to 4845N 5045W
to 5055N 4900W to 5515N 5245W to 5615N 5615W to 5800N 5800W then
northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NST 28 February 2020 Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 p.m. NST today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over Labrador Coast.
At 4:00 p.m. NST today quasi-stationary trough located over the
coast of Greenland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:47 PM NST 28 February 2020 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: