Issued 09:30 AM NDT 25 September 2022
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to southwest 20 this afternoon and to southwest 30 this evening. Wind diminishing to southwest 15 to 20 Monday afternoon and to light Monday evening.
Showers ending overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 13 July 2022
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 25 September 2022 Today Tonight and Monday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today Post-tropical Storm Fiona 983 mb located
over southeastern Labrador.
By 9:30 a.m. NDT Monday Post-tropical Storm Fiona 986 mb located
over the Northwest Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:25 AM NDT 25 September 2022 Post-tropical storm Fiona over Southeastern Labrador this morning
will track northward to lie over East Labrador Sea by late Monday as
a remnant low. Strong to gale force southeasterlies to
northeasterlies ahead of Fiona will shift to strong to gale force
southwesterlies to northwesterlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Lake Melville, Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern
half, and East Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 AM NDT, post-tropical storm Fiona is located near
Latitude 53.1 north and longitude 57.5 west, or about 104 nautical
miles east of Goose Bay. Maximum sustained winds are estimated at 45
knots with a central pressure of 983 MB. Fiona is moving northward at
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: