Issued 09:30 PM NDT 19 March 2018
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots increasing to northwest 25 late overnight. Wind northwest 25 Tuesday.
Periods of snow. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Temperatures minus 5 to zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 19 March 2018 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4715N 5245W to 4855N 5050W
to 5520N 5240W to 5610N 5530W to 5800N 5700W then northward. Sea ice
north and west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 19 March 2018 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight low 976 mb located over the South
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Tuesday low 986 mb located over the South
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:17 PM NDT 19 March 2018 A low pressure system over the South Labrador Sea will move
southwestward to lie over the South Labrador Coast by Tuesday
afternoon. Strong to gale force northwesterlies to northeasterlies
will persist throughout the forecast period over most waters under
the influence of this low. Gale to storm force northerlies can be
expected over the Labrador coast from Hopedale to Saglek.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
the Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale and North Labrador Coast -
Saglek and south. Gale warnings are in effect for all remaining
waters except Lake Melville, South Labrador Coast, and South Labrador
Sea - southeastern half.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: