Issued 09:30 AM NST 20 November 2019
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind north 10 to 15 knots diminishing to light this evening. Wind light Thursday.
High today plus 1. Low tonight minus 6. High Thursday minus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 20 November 2019 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5410N 5740W to Labrador
near 5420N 5740W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5455N 5805W to 5615N
6035W to 5750N 6125W to 6020N 6415W to Labrador near 6025N 6425W.
Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Open water except 3 tenths new ice including 1 tenth grey ice along
parts of the coast.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NST 20 November 2019 Today Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 a.m. NST today ridge located over Ungava Bay.
By 9:30 a.m. NST Thursday ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Mid Labrador Coast.
At 9:30 a.m. NST today low 995 mb located east of Funk Island Bank.
By 4:00 p.m. NST today departing low 991 mb located east of Funk
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - northern half
- Laurentian Fan - southern half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: