Issued 09:30 AM NST 28 January 2021
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind northwest 15 knots backing to west 10 to 15 near midnight. Wind west 10 to 15 Friday.
Flurries ending this afternoon. Flurries Friday late in the day.
Temperatures minus 8 falling to minus 16 overnight then rising to minus 8 Friday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 28 January 2021 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4925N 5420W to 5030N 5510W
to 5130N 5430W to 5315N 5415W to 5555N 5700W to 5800N 5800W then
northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NST 28 January 2021 Today Tonight and Friday At 9:30 a.m. NST today intensifying trough located on a line
east-west over the Strait of Belle Isle.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Friday trough located over Funk Island Bank.
At 9:30 a.m. NST today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over western Labrador.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:12 AM NST 28 January 2021 A trough of low pressure over the Strait of Belle Isle will continue
to intensify today while slowly drifting southward. Strong to gale
force northerlies will persist between the trough and a nearly
stationary ridge over Western Labrador.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
Labrador coast and South Labrador Sea - northern half.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all regions with open water except South Labrador Sea -
southern half and East Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: