Issued 04:00 PM NDT 24 October 2020
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind south 15 to 20 knots increasing to southwest 30 this evening then diminishing to west 20 late overnight. Wind veering to northwest 25 Sunday evening.
Rain ending near midnight.
Temperatures plus 5 falling to zero Sunday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 19 July 2020 Forecasts have ended for the season.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NDT 24 October 2020 Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 p.m. NDT today low 990 mb located over Quebec.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Sunday low 980 mb located over the East Labrador
At 4:00 p.m. NDT today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over the East Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight departing ridge located east of Labrador
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:31 PM NDT 24 October 2020 A low pressure system approaching from the west will cross Northern
Labrador this evening before moving to lie over the Labrador Sea
tonight. Strong to gale force southeasterlies ahead of the low this
afternoon will shift to gale force northwesterly on Sunday in its
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Lake Melville.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - northwestern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - southeastern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - southern half
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: