Issued 09:30 AM NDT 20 March 2018
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind northwest 20 knots diminishing to northwest 10 to 15 this evening then becoming light Wednesday morning.
Periods of snow ending Wednesday morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Temperatures minus 6 to minus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 March 2018 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4715N 5245W to 4840N 5050W
to 5425N 5110W to 5635N 5515W to 5800N 5825W then northward. Sea ice
north and west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 20 March 2018 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today merging low 987 mb located over the South
At 9:30 a.m. NDT today merging low 987 mb located over southeastern
By 9:30 a.m. NDT Wednesday weakening low 1000 mb located east of
Belle Isle Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:27 AM NDT 20 March 2018 A broad area of low pressure with a couple of low centres stretching
across the South Labrador Sea and Southeastern Labrador will slowly
move off to the east and weaken today and tonight. As a result, gale
force northwesterlies over western waters will gradually diminish
through the forecast period.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
Mid Labrador Coast, North Labrador Coast, South Labrador Sea -
northwestern half, and Northwest Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for the East Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: