Issued 04:00 AM NST 20 January 2020
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind southwest 10 to 15 knots increasing to southwest 15 to 20 Tuesday morning.
Temperatures between minus 21 and minus 30.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 19 January 2020 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4840N 5300W to 4930N 5245W
to 5020N 5540W to 5205N 5335W to 5430N 5345W to 5620N 5635W to 5800N
5800W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Consolidated first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NST 20 January 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. NST today low 988 mb located south of Newfoundland.
By 9:30 p.m. NST tonight low 988 mb located northeast of Belle
At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight intensifying trough located over the
Northwest Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 p.m. NST Tuesday trough located on a line north-south over
the East Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:29 AM NST 20 January 2020 A trough of low pressure will develop over the Northwest Labrador Sea
this evening and intensify as it slowly moves eastward to lie over
the East Labrador Sea by Tuesday evening. Strong to gale force
northwesterlies are forecast in the wake of the trough.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
East Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all regions with open water.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: